Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (Altitude 1400 m)
Nepal Big Mountain Travel believes in persistence and belongingness. On day 1, arrival day, a representative in formal attire with garlands (Mala) and traditional Buddhist ceremonial scarf (Khata) will welcome you. This is a traditional welcoming gesture of Nepalese. The representative will guide you to the hotel. You can wander around the streets of Thamel and explore shops during the late afternoon. Then, a cultural dinner is presented overnight at 3 – star hotel in Kathmandu or similar class.
• Unique and traditional welcome
• Welcome dinner- traditional Nepali cuisine
• Wander around the streets of Thamel
• Explore shops during the late afternoon
• Traditional Thankas and articrafts around the area
Included meals: Dinner
Day 2: Drive to Sotikhola (7-8 hours)
After breakfast, you will set off on a 7-hour drive from Kathmandu towards Arughat. It is made sure that you are comfortable on the trip with the appointment of an experienced driver.
To break the monotony like most of the trips, the bus rides through the shortest route possible proving the natural beauty of Nepal like the mountain ranges, flowing rivers and many more. You can view the next possible destinations of your travel in upcoming vacation namely, Kirtipur, Swoyambhunath, etc. After you reach the Arughat, you will stay at a guesthouse for the night.
• The inception of the wonderful journey to Sotikhola
• View of possible future destinations in the route
• Appointment of the experienced driver for comfortable travel
• Catch the sight of mountain ranges, flowing rivers and many more
• Driven by the thrill of your trek that starts the next day
Day 3: Sotikhola to Machhakhola (930 m/5-6 hours trek)
Our day will start after having breakfast in the hotel. You will cross the bridge and then climb to the ridge thrilling you to the core. It is a beautiful day hike through the wonderful villages of the region. We will be passing through Armala, Living, Apubesi and Khani Besi before reaching Machha Khola. There are various ethnic villages, towering waterfalls, green hills, thundering Budi Gandaki River, and various rice paddies waiting for your vision all over the trail.
• The inception of your trek
• Cross the bridge and then climb to the ridge thrilling you to the core
• Hike through wonderful villages of the region
• Various ethnic villages, towering waterfalls, green hills welcome you
• Thundering Budi Gandaki River, and various rice paddies waiting for your vision all over the trail
Day 4: Machhakhola to Jagat (1340 m/4-5 hours trek)
You continue your fantastic journey to Khola Besi trekking through streams and ravens. It is a place consisting of a hot spring, which is a targeted destination for many national and international tourists. You can see the importance of the place as you reach there to view the crowd of people to enjoy the time in the hot spring with their loved ones. You spend the night at a guesthouse after the relaxing soak yourself in the hot spring. After crossing some suspension bridges, you reach to Dovan.
Then, you will want to capture the most picturesque treks from Dovan to Philim, including a spectacular view of Shringi Himal (7187m). Finally, you will ascend a steep climb and one more suspension bridge before reaching Jagat (1340 m) where you will stay for the night.
• Start your day with a religious visit to attain spiritual energy.
• Continue your fantastic journey to Khola Besi.
• Relax by soaking yourself in the hot spring.
• Spectacular view of Shringi Himal (7187m)
• Cross the suspension bridge and reach your destination
Day 5: Jagat to Dang (1860 m/ 5-6 hours trek)
Today, you will start your trek towards Dang after having your refreshing breakfast. You will pass through the Sho village where you will get to meet up with the traditional natives of the area. The path will keep you excited with the views of Shingri Himal and various Buddhist Mani walls throughout the trail. You will cross various mesmerizing terraced fields, green hills and bamboo forests of the Nupri valley. Breathtaking views of mountains like Manaslu, Himalchuli, Saula Himal and Dwijen Himal will keep your interest rising up until you reach your destination Dang where you will stay for the night.
• Meet up with the welcoming traditional natives of Sho village
• The excitement of the views of Shingri Himal
• Religious tranquillity watching various Buddhist Mani walls throughout the trail
• Cross various mesmerizing terraced fields, green hills and bamboo forests of the Nupri valley
• Breathtaking views of mountains like Manaslu, Himalchuli, Saula Himal and Dwijen Himal will keep your interest rising
Day 6: Dang to Namrung (2660 m/4-5 hours trek)
Today you will be ready after your breakfast to go for an uphill trek to Rana village. Rana is the reigns from the past that controlled Nepalese. You will get to interact with the people of the village and share a chat. You will then cross dense forests where you will be able to view the Langur monkeys and hear the soothing sounds of the chirping birds. There you will also see beautiful rhododendron flowers. You will continue to catch the glorious glimpses of Ganesh Himal and Himalchuli along with the fresh air in the forest. You stay at Namrung today.
• Go for an adventurous uphill trek to Rana village
• Cross dense forests where you will be able to view the Langur monkeys
• Hear the soothing sounds of the chirping birds
• See beautiful rhododendron flowers
• Continue to catch the glorious glimpses of Ganesh Himal and Himalchuli along with the fresh air in the forest
Day 7: Namrung to Samagaun (3530 m/4-5 hours trek)
Leaving the beautiful stone houses behind, you will head to Lho (3180 m). The climb through the fields is surrounded by stunning views of the mountains especially Ganesh Himal that will stay with you until you enter Lho. The Buddhist culture starts to kick in from here, as you will see beautiful monasteries. Here, you will be able to visit Lama School. You can also visit the Lho monastery if you like to hear the serene chants of monks. The barley fields greet you with great pleasure alongside the wooden houses.
• Climb through the fields is surrounded by stunning views of the mountains
• The Buddhist culture start to kick in from here
• Visit the Lho monastery if you like to hear the serene chants of monks
• Barley fields greet you with great pleasure alongside the wooden houses
• Catch dominating views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli
Day 8: Acclimatization visit to Manaslu base camp (4460 m)
After eight days of harsh trekking and reaching the altitude of 3530 m, you will start to feel the cold kicking in. This demands the acclimatization day. Today, you will go for a short hike as well as fulfil your trekking purpose of reaching the Manaslu Base Camp (4460 m). From there, you can sit back to analyze the beauty of the mountain Manaslu. You will also be thrilled to walk through the snow to reach there. Then, you descend back to Samagaun where you rest satisfied.
• Fulfil your trekking purpose of reaching the Manaslu Base Camp (4460 m)
• Be thrilled to walk through the snow to reach there
• Sit back to analyze the beauty of the mountain Manaslu
• Start to feel the cold kicking in
• Rest at Samagaun before you start your trek back tomorrow
Day 9: Trek to Samdo (3860 m/4-5 hours)
Today you move to the Samdo village, the trail of which turns to the north on the upper region of the Budhi Gandaki River. Following the gradual ascends, you pass through the point of confluence of Larke river and the river formed due to Samdo glacier, also the origin of the torrential Budhi Gandaki to reach to the settlement at Samdo. Before that, you leave the trail to Manaslu Base Camp to our left and view beautiful juniper and birch forests of Kermo Kharka. You march ahead through wooden bridges and steep climb on to the headland from where a large white gateway, Kani can be viewed. Past the Kani, you reach your destination for today and spend the night.
• Pass the Budhi Gandaki River
• Pass through the point of confluence of Larke river and the river formed due to Samdo glacier
• View beautiful juniper and birch forests of Kermo Kharka
• March ahead through wooden bridges and steep climb on to the headland from where a large white gateway, Kani can be viewed
• Rest in Samdo, a welcoming village
Day 10: Trek to Dharamsala / Larkya Phedi (4470 m/4 hours)
Before you start our climbing, you will gently descend to the river. You will be passing along a glacier followed by beautiful Gorge. Continuing through several Mani walls, you will be reaching Larke Phedi for an overnight stay. Larke Phedi has only one lodge for the basic accommodation of the trekkers. This place is also known as Larke Base Camp. Along the way, you also have the view of Syacha Glacier, grazing land, beautiful forests, and lichened stones. You are to keep an eye to catch the chance of glances at the Blue Sheep.
• Passing along a glacier followed by beautiful Gorge
• Watch the gorgeous Mani walls along the trail
• Have the view of Syacha Glacier
• Be stunned by the sight of grazing land, beautiful forests, lichened stones
• Keep an eye to catch the chance of glances at the Blue Sheep
Day 11: Cross Larke-la (5106 m) descend to Bimthang (3720 m/8 hours)
Today is an important day as you attain the highest altitude that constitutes the trek i.e. 5106m. The Larke La pass is a major attraction of the Makalu Base Camp Trek. Today you wake up early in the morning for the rewarding trip that may result to be a little strenuous. Reaching to the north of the Larkya Glacier, spectacular views of Cho Danda and Larkya Peak are acquired. Further, you march across the moraines, make a slow climb initially and steeper into the last section of the Larkey La pass. The view from the top of the pass includes the Samdo Peak and other peaks bordering Tibet, Larkya peak to the southeast, Annapurna region along with several mountains and bit further down to the west for the view of Annapurna II. Following a slippery path, you reach Salpudanda glacier moraine. Past the grassy moraine and rock fall area, flatter valley with azalea bushes, you reach to the sandy plain of Bhimtang.
• Acquire the altitude of 5106 m
• Spectacular views of Cho Danda and Larkya Peak
• The breathtaking sight of the Himalayan ranges including the Annapurna region
• Take a slippery path to reach Salpudanda glacier moraine
• Flatter yourselves with the grassy moraine and rock fall area with azalea bushes
Day 12: Trek to Dharapani (1,860 m/8-9 hrs)
You will leave beautiful Himalayan peaks behind and start descending to Tilje. Continuing further through rhododendron forests will take you to Karache (2,800 m); one of the highest cultivated villages of Nepal. Then the path will lead to Gho village where few lodges are available for accommodation. Then, you will descend to the Dharapani where you will be staying for the night so that you can move to the capital tomorrow.
• Go through rhododendron forests
• Reach Karache, one of the highest cultivated area in Nepal
• Reach Gho and Tilijo village having accommodations
• Descend to Dharapani to stay the night
• Rejuvenate your memories about the whole trip
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu via Besisar / Lamjung (8-9 hours)
Today lies ahead of you with drives back to the capital. You may need to change the vehicle twice to reach Besisahar and then to Kathmandu. You will engage yourself with the views of terrace farming, flowing streams, trees, and fresh air. You can even take a nap in the vehicle to drain out your tiredness. After reaching Kathmandu, you can stroll on the streets of Thamel to shop a souvenir and then go to devour your final cultural cuisine. You stay the night at a 3-star hotel or of a similar class in Kathmandu.
• Engage yourself with the views of terrace farming, flowing streams, trees, and fresh air
• Take a nap I the vehicle to drain out your tiredness
• Stroll on the streets of Thamel to shop a souvenir
• Devour your final cultural cuisine
• Prepare for your departure tomorrow and rest for the day
Day 14: Departure
You have breakfast early in the morning. With the conclusion of necessary steps for departure, a representative of Nepal Big Mountain Travel will drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport. Nepal Big Mountain expects a happy customer to travel again.
• Departure day
• Concluding breakfast early in the morning
• A representative of Nepal Big Mountain Travel will see you off to Tribhuvan International Airport
• You are associated with your spirit smile with the end of an adventurous and memorable journey of trekking to Manaslu Base Camp
Included meals: Breakfast